The CSRA Peace Alliance invites all who oppose US support of Israel’s latest attacks on Palestinians in Gaza to vigil at the intersection of 15th St and Walton Way from 4:30 pm to 5:30 pm on Friday, August 8, 2014.
RSVP and share on Facebook
1. Don’t park in the parking lots of nearby businesses. In the neighborhood west of 15th St, street parking is allowed. Park there and walk to the intersection. If you are carpooling, the driver can drop you off in a parking lot and then go park in a legal spot.
2. All signs should reflect the demands, methods and tone of the CSRA Peace Alliance: suspend US aid to Israel, end violence, lift siege on Gaza. The CSRA Peace Alliance is nonviolent in tone and action and does not endorse or advocate any violence. If you are not able to create your own sign, organizers should also have signs.
3. The intersection has 4 corners. Spread out evenly among the 4 corners.
4. Keep a safe distance from the street to avoid collisions with vehicles and don’t obstruct pedestrians using the sidewalks.
5. Do not distract drivers by initiating any conversation with them.
6. If anybody says negative things to you, it is best to ignore them. Contact rally organizers if you see any difficult situation developing.